Thu 23 Apr 2009
Here is the text of an email I’ll be sending out to the mailing list today:
CREATE South is happening in two days! The event will be in Myrtle Beach on Saturday April 25th at the Grand Strand campus of Horry-Georgetown Technical College, a few blocks from Market Commons. A map to the event is here: http://tinyurl.com/dfypzr
Registration will open at 8:45 AM, opening remarks will start at 9:15 AM and our first keynote is at 9:30 AM. A full list of the days events is up on the website and can be used to get a feel for the day. That page is at http://www.createsouth.org/program.php
We’ve created a Twitter account for the conference if you want to get last minute details or track our progress: http://twitter.com/createsouth
Here’s some notes and details for the day of the event:
- Lunch, snacks, coffee and water will be provided. If you have specific drinks you’d like, it would be helpful if you’d bring a six or twelve pack of your favorite beverage. There are so many drink choices nowadays it is mind boggling to plan ahead for them all.
- There will be an informal get-together on Friday night for attendees of the conference who are already in town. It will be 7 PM at the Liberty Steakhouse at Broadway at the Beach. If you’d like to come or need more details, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get an idea of the size of the tables we’ll need.
- For those of you who have creative items to sell, bring them with you. We are going to experiment this year with a vendor table of sorts. Musicians, bring copies of your CDs. Authors with books or artists with prints, bring them. If in doubt, bring your stuff.
- Networking and meeting people is the best part of our conference. Bring business cards if you have them, fliers for things you want to promote. If nothing else, print out your website and email address on a sheet of paper 20 times and cut out little fortune cookie sized slips of paper with your contact information.
- Our conference is designed to be valuable to people of all experience levels from absolute beginners to advanced experts across a wide range of topics. If you come with a clear idea of specific things you want to learn (”I want to start a blog”, “I want to get more use out of social media”, “How can podcasting help my business?”, etc) then it will be that much easier to make a connection with people that can help you.
- Above all else, this should be fun. Be prepared to meet interesting new people, to talk over common interests and to find new ways to be edified.
If you have need any more information about anything, feel free to email email@example.com with questions. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
CREATE South team